Mills Field

Unfinished History

Mills Field in 1927, which eventually grew into San Francisco International Airport. Originally part of the D.O. Mills estate, which in turn was later subdivided into the town of Millbrae and the airport.

Photo: San Mateo County History Museum

Waterfront property east of the Bayshore Highway before airport improvements, 1927.

Photo: courtesy San Francisco Airport Museums

Mills Field, before it was renamed San Francisco International Airport, c. 1930s

Photo: Shaping San Francisco

Mills Field, 1927.

Photo: Shaping San Francisco


Prev. Document Next Document